Saturday, October 27, 2012

Buying and Selling Maternity Clothes Part I

I love love love selling maternity clothes on eBay!

Maternity clothes are expensive and you only wear them such a short time.  On average, you will wear your maternity clothes about six months total (including that horrid postpartum time when you think you will look pregnant for the rest of your life!).  Buying pre-owned maternity clothing on eBay JUST MAKES SENSE!

So, which brands are popular and sell well?  Here are my favorites:

Budget Friendly
Old Navy
Take Nine
Oh Baby! by Motherhood
Liz Lange Maternity for Target
Duo
Two Hearts
I would not pay more than a dollar or two for any of these brands at my local Goodwill store--while they are well known and sell well, they do not bring in a ton of cash.  I typically expect to sell a nice shirt or pair of pants in the above brands for $5-$7 each.  My only exception here would be nice career clothing or very large sizes, which sell well because they are hard to find.

Middle of the Road
Motherhood Maternity
Gap
H&M Mama
A Pea in the Pod/Mimi
Ann Taylor Loft
These are my favorites!  They are well known, excellent quality, and all-around-great-sellers!  You can typically expect to sell a cute top for about $10-$20.  Jeans or pants will bring in  about $15-$20.  A suit, dress or cute outfit for up to $50 or more! 

Higher End
Isabella Oliver
Olian
Thyme
Ripe
Nom
Boob
Maternal
If you see these brands at your local thrift store make a loud "CHA-CHING" noise, so that any other nearby re-sellers will be very jealous!


No comments:

Post a Comment